[Ardour-Users] Struggling to do anything at all

Jesse Chappell jesse at essej.net
Thu Aug 2 10:47:40 PDT 2007

On 8/2/07, Steven Chamberlain <steven at pyro.eu.org> wrote:
> Kevin Cosgrove wrote:
> > I did that with ardour 0.99.3.  I had many takes, used a guide
> > mix of the other instruments and a click track.  I did a lot of
> > editing and punch-ins.
>
> Did you do record those many takes back-to-back using the 'loop play'
> button?  I was under the impression that feature was new to 2.0.x.

Yes, yes, I know you are having problems with this feature, you don't
have to mention it again, thanks :)  It is, unfortunately one of the
newest features to hit 2.0-ongoing and subsequently the least tested.
I probably shouldn't have even committed it.... nonetheless, I have
more modifications in store that should help (or not, since ardour is
complex multithreaded nightmare :)

Issue reproduction is often hard to do.  Plus, I haven't had the time.
 I will try to make time.

In the meantime, any more explicit description of steps and exactly
what happens, are always always welcome.

jlc