[Ardour-Users] Struggling to do anything at all

Steven Chamberlain steven at pyro.eu.org
Thu Aug 2 10:23:03 PDT 2007

Kevin Cosgrove wrote:
> I did that with ardour 0.99.3.  I had many takes, used a guide
> mix of the other instruments and a click track.  I did a lot of
> editing and punch-ins.

Did you do record those many takes back-to-back using the 'loop play'
button?  I was under the impression that feature was new to 2.0.x.

Previously in Ardour 0.99 I did some work where I was manually clicking
'Stop' after each take, then running it again.  That process of clicking
Stop then Start becomes a lot of effort if you're still not happy after
3 takes, especially when the instrument and the computer aren't very
close together.

The other difference between those two methods, is that when it's easy
to do many takes back-to-back, I really do.  On occasions I've done 50
takes back-to-back of only a short section, but then Ardour would
crash... :(

> If you're curious about his CDs, check out
> debone.com.  Unfortunately the three tracks I play on didn't make
> it into the "clips" on the site.  I'll have to have him add one.

I'd be interested in hearing any acoustic drums recorded and/or
processed with Ardour.

Regards,
--
Steven Chamberlain