[Ardour-Users] realtime previewing of effects (specifically vst)

Arnold Krille arnold at arnoldarts.de
Thu Aug 2 01:01:26 PDT 2007

Am Donnerstag, 2. August 2007 schrieb Sampo Savolainen:
> VST plugins and LADSPA plugins are equivalent from a monitoring
> perspective. Just use software monitoring and enable running plugins when
> recording. In this configuration, Ardour will monitor via software and the
> plugins the track input when the track is armed for recording. If you want
> to monitor the signal even when the track is not armed, switch on
> auto-input.

An additional advantage is that ardour then keeps aligning the recorded
material the right way, because it knows that you hear your own instrument
later...

If you tell ardour that you are using hardware-monitoring, it doesn't
compensate for any latency (because there is none), which breaks if you still
use software-monitoring through other apps.

Arnold
--
visit http://www.arnoldarts.de/
---