[ardour-users] ardour1 -> ardour2 problems

Sampo Savolainen v2 at iki.fi
Mon Sep 18 13:19:22 PDT 2006

On Mon, 2006-09-18 at 21:54 +0200, Atte André Jensen wrote:
> Hi
>
> Just grabbed ardour2 from cvs and build it. Wow, looks beautiful.
> However I have a couple of questions:
>
> 1) Is it possible to open old ardour session in ardour2? I tried, but
> didn't succeed.

It should be able to, but current SVN is not able to.

> 2) I normally have seq24 be time master and tried making a new session
> in ardour2 with sync to jack + ardour2 *not* being time master. When I
> stated playing in seq24 (or ardour2 for that matter) the whole system
> froze and a hard reboot was all I could do. Anything I should make sure
> is set some certain way?

jackd running in RT, i guess. Is this repeatable?

> 3) How far from stable is ardour2? Which areas are more stable and which
> are more unstable?

There's a lot to do before we get it as stable as 0.99.3. We are bad at
setting release dates - we can't really promise a release time frame
just now. We are revving up for a beta release though.

  Sampo