[ardour-users] Intel EM64T and Ardour+VST

Thomas Vecchione seablaede at gmail.com
Thu Sep 7 22:43:24 PDT 2006

> You said that you had SMP enabled,
> but on a single core processor... is that correct?

That is correct.  I dont currently have the second chip slot in my MB
occupied but as I mentioned I do plan on upgrading it, thus the enabling
of the SMP.

> Just out of curiousity, what kind of drives are you using and on what
> distribution?

By drives do you mean Hard Drives?  I have an internal SATA and a
Internal IDE bay I swap around with some Drives for Backup and second
drive purposes.

The distribution is Gentoo- x86-64-rt kernel, opeteron processors
obviously, running E17.

Other random info is RME 9632 Sound Card, replaced an ICE1712 based card.
NVidia graphics running the binary driver
Gig of ram, will be upgraded to be a gig of ram per processor core when
I upgraded(so for twin dual core 4 gigs of ram)
And I think that is all the relevant info right now

         Seablade