[ardour-users] Intel EM64T and Ardour+VST

Geoff Beasley songshop at bizmedia.com.au
Fri Sep 8 08:48:59 PDT 2006

On Thursday 07 September 2006 10:12, Thomas Vecchione wrote:

> I am going to be ordering the recent version of Kontakt soon and would
> love to be able to use it on my Linux box, I have an iMac that when not

g'day.

 I run Kontakt 2.1.1.001 on my Gentoo 2.6.16-rt29 as a vst plug in both fst
1.8 and vsthost( dssi-vst). It's pretty good, tho a much bigger resource hog
than 1.5 was; which i was able to run flawlessly. You'll probably get some
occasional hung notes in vsthost and you'll probably get occasional clicks in
fst 1.8;  You MUST run fst with the -r option otherwise Kontakt/fst/wine just
segfaults and may lock-up your machine completely. Vsthost doesn't do that at
all. I get reasonable stability from 128 but choose 256 frames normally.

I'm using wine .9.9 from the pro-audio portage overlay and jack .102.20 from
svn

When you get it, it would be good to compare notes !

best,

g.