[ardour-users] 32 v 64 bit

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Fri Nov 17 10:06:08 PST 2006

On 11/17/06, Paul Davis <paul at linuxaudiosystems.com> wrote:
<SNIP>
> > >     b) no VST plugins, ever
> >
> > Is that a function of VST or of Ardour or what?
>
> you can't load 32 bit shared objects into a 64 bit host, no matter what
> the host does (audio,video,graphics whatever). VST's are all 32 bit
> shared objects.

I run a 32-bit chroot inside my 64-bit main environment. I haven't
tried any VSTs in it but it works perfectly with win32codecs so I
suspect VST support might work that way also.

I don't tend to keep it very up to date since it's a second Gentoo
environment to completely rebuild but it works for the few things I
need, specifically java on a certain website.

- Mark