[ardour-users] beta8 on ubuntu64

Michal Žeravík michalz at olomouc.com
Fri Nov 17 07:41:00 PST 2006

Paul Davis wrote:
> On Fri, 2006-11-17 at 11:28 +0100, Michal Žeravík wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I gave a try ardour2 beta8, nice looking, good work folks.
>>
>> Noticed few things:
>> - checkboxes are too dark (low contrast if they are checked or not), but
>> nice theme
>>

> as of yesterday, ardour2 comes with its own GTK theme engine (an older
> version of clearlooks that actually works with dark themes). this will
> either fix this problem or will allow us to fix it everywhere.
>

>> - I'm using digital.out on my pci Audiophile2496, it's playback9 and 10.
>> How can I make default output routes to that ? (for every new project)
>> Is it possible to se up default playback ports all the way?
>>

> no. this is a long-standing design question with JACK (should we have
> port "aliasing").

might it be possible to change default behaviour for template?

>> - I've tried internal click, routed to master or directly to playback,
>> but it didn't work
>>

> there is a bug report on this already. the core developers can't
> reproduce it.

strange, I've tried that now and it's working..
maybe problem with jackd

>> - will it be possible to edit lines of automation freely? to make
>> midpoints,
>>

> it is possible, just not for stereo pan automation. try it with gain or
> plugin parameter automation.

on yes, now I see. Shift+button3 deletes node.
But another problem appears:
- select tool "Draw node autom."
- click directly on segment within the track
- green line gain autom. appears
- but it's able to paint line in Gain automation subtrack.
? which have higher priority ?
? how to delete green in-track gain envelope?

>> - "Show used automation" displays parameters which are not in use in
>> used plugins
>>

> thanks, will check on this.
>

>> - how can I move display horizontally with keystroke+mousewheel (old way
>> was alt+wheel?)
>>

> will check on this too. i don't remember that we ever supported this.

it's very useful to navigate horiz. and vert. with mouse and keystrokes.

>> - please do wave regions editable in external editor (in right click
>> menu maybe)
>>

> ardour2 is in feature freeze. we would like to see this functionality,
> but it will not be part of 2.0.

ok, anyway, ardour1 has nice button for opening minieditormixer
in the most left side. I'm missing it so very. :)

thank you
michal