[ardour-users] beta8 on ubuntu64

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Fri Nov 17 07:57:12 PST 2006

On Fri, 2006-11-17 at 16:41 +0100, Michal Žeravík wrote:

> > > - I'm using digital.out on my pci Audiophile2496, it's playback9 and 10.
> > > How can I make default output routes to that ? (for every new project)
> > > Is it possible to se up default playback ports all the way?
> > >

> > no. this is a long-standing design question with JACK (should we have
> > port "aliasing").
> >
> might it be possible to change default behaviour for template?

most people route all tracks via a master bus. in this case, you only
have to connect the master bus to playback 9 + 10, all other tracks can
default to output to the master bus. if you save a template then this
i/o configuration will be saved.

> > >  will it be possible to edit lines of automation freely? to make
> > > midpoints,
> > >

> > it is possible, just not for stereo pan automation. try it with gain or
> > plugin parameter automation.
> >
> on yes, now I see. Shift+button3 deletes node.
> But another problem appears:
> - select tool "Draw node autom."

wrong tool. this is specifically for drawing per-region gain curves, not
automation.

> - click directly on segment within the track
> - green line gain autom. appears

thats intentional.

> - but it's able to paint line in Gain automation subtrack.

thats a bug.

> ? which have higher priority ?
> ? how to delete green in-track gain envelope?

i will add a "Reset envelope" item to the region context menu.

> ok, anyway, ardour1 has nice button for opening minieditormixer
> in the most left side. I'm missing it so very. :)

View->Show Editor Mixer (Shift-e)