[ardour-users] beta8 on ubuntu64

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Fri Nov 17 06:46:22 PST 2006

On Fri, 2006-11-17 at 11:28 +0100, Michal Žeravík wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I gave a try ardour2 beta8, nice looking, good work folks.
>
> Noticed few things:
> - checkboxes are too dark (low contrast if they are checked or not), but
> nice theme

as of yesterday, ardour2 comes with its own GTK theme engine (an older
version of clearlooks that actually works with dark themes). this will
either fix this problem or will allow us to fix it everywhere.

> - I'm using digital.out on my pci Audiophile2496, it's playback9 and 10.
> How can I make default output routes to that ? (for every new project)
> Is it possible to se up default playback ports all the way?

no. this is a long-standing design question with JACK (should we have
port "aliasing").

> - I've tried internal click, routed to master or directly to playback,
> but it didn't work

there is a bug report on this already. the core developers can't
reproduce it.

> - will it be possible to edit lines of automation freely? to make
> midpoints,

it is possible, just not for stereo pan automation. try it with gain or
plugin parameter automation.

> - "Show used automation" displays parameters which are not in use in
> used plugins

thanks, will check on this.

> - how can I move display horizontally with keystroke+mousewheel (old way
> was alt+wheel?)

will check on this too. i don't remember that we ever supported this.

> - please do wave regions editable in external editor (in right click
> menu maybe)

ardour2 is in feature freeze. we would like to see this functionality,
but it will not be part of 2.0.

> Is it such report interesting for you? Is it detailed enough?

we need more information on the click problem, but otherwise yes, thank
you for a useful report on your experiences with ardour2.

--p