[ardour-users] anyone using Dell Latitude laptops w/Ardour?

Justin M. Streiner streiner at cluebyfour.org
Thu Nov 16 07:42:07 PST 2006

On Thu, 16 Nov 2006, Sampo Savolainen wrote:

> Note the graphics card and especially the wireless card. AFAIK, the other
> option "Dell XYZ wireless" (or whatever) needs proprietary drivers to work
> which is potentially a very bad thing for RT performance.

I could see the video driver being an issue.  The Latitude I have at work
has a wide-screen display that needs the special nvidia drivers to work at
an acceptable resolution.  Monitoring 24 simultaneous channels would
probably also make a dual-head option something to consider.

I'll have to look into what impact the video driver could have on a later
2.6 kernel that's been configured for low-latency operation.

jms