[ardour-users] Another Patient OSX Ardour user

Jesse Chappell jesse at essej.net
Tue Nov 14 19:46:40 PST 2006

On 11/14/06, Mat Wall-Smith <mat at slashstarhash.com> wrote:

> In march this year I posted about OSX 10.4.5 not running Ardour 2 because of
> a missing library (libXinerama.1.dylib).
> Paul responded suggesting it was a problem in the then build and to hang on
> a bit. So I did.
>
> I am now at 10.4.8 have again reinstalled the Developer Tools in the hope
> that I could move to Ardour2 (latest beta on download page)
>
> Unfortunately I get the same error;
>
> Could not init font path element /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/CID/, removing
> from list!
> bash: no job control in this shell
> dyld: Library not loaded:
> /usr/X11R6/lib/libXinerama.1.dylib
>   Referenced from:
> /Applications/Ardour2.app/Contents/Resources/lib/libgdk-x11-2.0.0.dylib

Sorry your problem got lost in the noise, feel free to bug us more
often.  We haven't seen anyone else report this issue either, so it
may be something with your system.

Are you on a PPC or Intel mac?  I assume you have installed X11
already, and could you post the output of 'ls -l
/usr/X11R6/lib/libXinerama.*'  run from a terminal?

Also, just to verify that you are trying to run Ardour2-beta8 ?

jlc