[ardour-users] Another Patient OSX Ardour user

Mat Wall-Smith mat at slashstarhash.com
Tue Nov 14 19:07:55 PST 2006

Hi People.....

In march this year I posted about OSX 10.4.5 not running Ardour 2
because of a missing library (libXinerama.1.dylib).
Paul responded suggesting it was a problem in the then build and to
hang on a bit. So I did.

I am now at 10.4.8 have again reinstalled the Developer Tools in the
hope that I could move to Ardour2 (latest beta on download page)

Unfortunately I get the same error;

Could not init font path element /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/CID/,
removing from list!
bash: no job control in this shell
dyld: Library not loaded: /usr/X11R6/lib/libXinerama.1.dylib
   Referenced from: /Applications/Ardour2.app/Contents/Resources/lib/
libgdk-x11-2.0.0.dylib

I know I should be able to build it myself but I think this is
probably something someone needs to look at...
assuming of course its not something easy for me to add here. I can
use Ardour .99? without a hassle.......

Thanks,

Mat Wall-Smith
School of Media, Film and Theatre