[ardour-users] disk to slow when running plugins

Peter Hagen peter at wingsofdeath.nu
Thu Mar 30 13:50:17 PST 2006

Hi

I'm running Ardour 0.99.2 with jackd 0.100.7. I have a session in which
i embedded all my tracks. It is 8 songs, with the first 2 contain 24
tracks and the other have 15 (need to import the rest). I started to
place some busses with plugins for creating a mix (Tap EQ and Limiter).
Now when i start playing a little before the end of the second song,
Ardour will stotter, then stop and gives me this message "The disk
system on your computer was not able to keep up with Ardour.
Specifically, it failed to read data from disk quickly enough to keep up
with playback.". But, if i deactivate all the plugins, it just keeps on
playing. Are there any known issues with the plugins? and is there some
way I can prevent this from happening, with using the plugins?

thanx

Peter