[ardour-users] disk to slow when running plugins

Kevin Cosgrove kevinc at doink.com
Thu Mar 30 14:02:07 PST 2006

On 30 March 2006 at 23:50, Peter Hagen <peter at wingsofdeath.nu> wrote:

> I'm running Ardour 0.99.2 with jackd 0.100.7. I have a session in which
> i embedded all my tracks. It is 8 songs, with the first 2 contain 24
> tracks and the other have 15 (need to import the rest). I started to
> place some busses with plugins for creating a mix (Tap EQ and Limiter).
> Now when i start playing a little before the end of the second song,
> Ardour will stotter, then stop and gives me this message "The disk
> system on your computer was not able to keep up with Ardour.
> Specifically, it failed to read data from disk quickly enough to keep up
> with playback.". But, if i deactivate all the plugins, it just keeps on
> playing. Are there any known issues with the plugins? and is there some
> way I can prevent this from happening, with using the plugins?

I had a similar issue with my disk keeping up.  But, I had about 70
tracks running.  This was with no plugins.

I had unrelated plugin troubles which I solved by upgrading to a
newer version of plugins.  I had been using a 2004 vitage plugin set.
You didn't say what version plugins you're using.

G'luck...

--
Kevin