[ardour-users] ot: behringer UMX midi controllers

nicholas manojlovic nmanojlovic at aztec.aunz.com
Wed Mar 29 04:27:58 PST 2006

Behringer have released a budget range of midi controller keyboards that
seem to compete with M-Audio controllers in a similar price range.

I know M-Audio products are often supported out of the box on Linux, but
I'm wondering what the chances are of this Behringer working? How
standardised is USB-Midi these days, and how flexible is the mapping
options so that midi events could be translated correctly from keyboard
to host?

On a side note, anyone tried one? Unfortunately I'm not in a position to
take a punt and give it a go, so I'll need to wait to see how things are
going.

Cheers
Nic