[ardour-users] AMD Stuff + Nvidia

James Rich james at chowhouse.com
Tue Mar 28 20:53:34 PST 2006

On Tue, 28 Mar 2006, George Chan wrote:

> Also, I'm told that Nvidia cards are the best around for Linux, but that
> Nvidia and SMP machines with Ingo Molnar's realtime preemption
> kernel patch don't work together, is this true?  If it is, what graphics
> card with dual monitor outputs AND S-Video out would you recommend?

My understanding was that Matrox cards were the best for linux and based
on that I bought a Matrox P750.  The P750 is nearly the same as the
Parhelia but doesn't include S-Video and only has 64MB ram.  I'm putting
together a system this week that includes the Matrox and dual opteron 242s
(single core).  If you want I'll let you know how it goes.  If only the
motherboard would hurry up and get here!

James Rich

I am not merely a "consumer" or a "taxpayer".  I am a Citizen of
the United States of America.