[ardour-users] Files, created by Ardour, not recognized by any other programm...

Jesse Chappell jesse at essej.net
Tue Mar 28 07:37:51 PST 2006

On 3/28/06, Vadim Kupriyanov <vadline at solnet.ru> wrote:
> Ardour can't read this files himself... I create new session, make
> import audio (copy) and It wrtie;
>
> [ERROR]: file "/Users/Vadim/Desktop/test Ardour/sounds/Audio 1-2.wav"
> appears not to be an audio file

Yes, this is a known problem on OS X right now.  The next release of
ardour (0.99.3) will be using the latest libsndfile which will allow
you to at least import ardour's native files.  As for other apps, you
are probably out of luck trying to get them to recognize the native
files.  You will to have to export anything you want to use outside of
the software.   We are planning to change our native file formats in
ardour2, so the problem will likely go away then also.

jlc