[ardour-users] Files, created by Ardour, not recognized by any other programm...

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Tue Mar 28 06:13:48 PST 2006

On Tue, 2006-03-28 at 16:40 +0400, Vadim Kupriyanov wrote:
> Ardour can't read this files himself... I create new session, make
> import audio (copy) and It wrtie;
>
> [ERROR]: file "/Users/Vadim/Desktop/test Ardour/sounds/Audio 1-2.wav"
> appears not to be an audio file

i suspect that you are stuck until the newest libsndfile appears on your
system. on OS X, we use the little-used RIFX header format. libsndfile
now knows how to handle this, but only since the last release (within
the last two weeks). RIFX is identical to the RIFF format used on x86
systems, but implies big-endian data as is appropriate to PPC macs. once
again, even though this standard has been around for years, hardly
anybody handles it properly.

   "the trouble with standards is that there are so many of them".

--p