[ardour-users] Surround Sound Mixing

Thomas Vecchione seablaede at gmail.com
Thu Mar 23 09:05:59 PST 2006

While I havent done the AC3Jack method, the built in routing in Ardour I
find fairly unuseable unfortunatly at this time for my surround sound
stuff.  Automating sends to busses tends to be a bit more difficult
unfortunatly, it would be nice to be able to automated using the 2d
panner but at the moment we cant do that.  Nor is the 2d panner all that
workable at the moment IMO.

All that being said, it is possible, just more difficult.  I have done a
few projects in surround, sound art for the most part.  The other thing
he would want to look at though is video sync as Ardour does not
natively support video yet.  xjadeo I believe has been brought up on
this list for that purpose a few times.

        Seablade