[ardour-users] mic preamps

Thomas Vecchione seablaede at gmail.com
Wed Mar 15 16:26:25 PST 2006

> OTOH, the buzz on rec.audio.pro is that the EQ on the Onyx is so much
> better-sounding than the previous compact mackies that I might actually
> start to use it  ;-)

Well they couldnt get but so much worse right?;)

Seriously though, it is better, I am not certain if I would use it for
recording though, but for live use it seems to be a large step up from
what I have heard, which was its intended purpose I believe.

> Direct outs (by which I assume you mean the per-channel inserts on the
> back panel) on compact mackies have always bypassed the EQ, so that's
> nothing new. What's new is that you can now hit a switch that takes the
> channel's EQ out of the path that goes to the "main" buss as well.
> Since my EQs are set flat 99% of the time, that's a feature I'd probably
> use.

Ahh I understand what you are saying now, yes I believe that is fairly
new, but I would have to check myself;)

       Seablade