[ardour-users] mic preamps

D R Holsbeck drh at niptron.com
Wed Mar 15 19:55:20 PST 2006

On Wed, 2006-03-15 at 19:26 -0500, Thomas Vecchione wrote:
> Well they couldnt get but so much worse right?;)
Glad somebody said it, Im not a fan of Mackie.

> Seriously though, it is better, I am not certain if I would use it for
> recording though, but for live use it seems to be a large step up from
> what I have heard, which was its intended purpose I believe.

Ive been using Allen & Heath boards. Much nicer. For the bigger stuff we
have a couple of 3200s. Nice but big. I have been using our 32ch 2200
most of the time. Very nice sound, just not as good as the 3200s. Then
we have a few16ch mix wizards. For the size and the price you cant beat
them. They have a direct out, and eq defeat on each chanel. Though I
have allways found the eq's acceptable.

Just my $.02
DuWayne