[ardour-users] Setting up a gentoo box for ardour

Andrew Johnston andyandtaya at gmail.com
Sat Mar 11 01:49:08 PST 2006

I have managed to get qjakcctl, and ardour compiled and working which is
great...however it seems the latest version of alsa-tools does not have the
hdspmixer anymore!  I really need that to control my card...the alsamixer
doesn't have all the controls.  Any gentoo users know how i might go about
fixing this...strangely enough I have found no log of it being removed in
the change logs for alsa-tools.  I was considering just getting an older
version...but my portage tree only lists the latest version =/

Any help appreciated..
Andy J