[ardour-users] new new new osx version uploaded

Jesse Chappell jesse at essej.net
Tue Jun 27 13:41:05 PDT 2006

On 6/27/06, Iwan Heskamp <iheskamp at xs4all.nl> wrote:

> Other than that, Ardour2b2 works quite a bit smoother
> than 0.99.3 but I have to confess that the sessions are
> not as complex as the ones I'm working on with 0.99.3.

In what sense do you find it smoother (other than the fonts)?  Just curious.

> On a side-note: right now I'm correcting some 'creative
> drumming' recorded by a friendly band, and I have to say
> that Ardour2b2 saves quite some time compared to 0.99.3,
> but still... is there an audio-quantizer of some sorts?
> Putting these kicks at the right place is quite tedious.

How has it saved you time over 0.99.3?  Again, I'm just wondering what
we did that helped you.  As for a quantizer that analyzes the audio
content, I'm afraid ardour has no such feature yet.  A beat detective
feature is probably on its way sometime within the next year.

jlc