[ardour-users] new new new osx version uploaded

Iwan Heskamp iheskamp at xs4all.nl
Tue Jun 27 13:25:27 PDT 2006

Hi,

On 25-jun-2006, at 16:12, Taybin Rutkin wrote:
> This version fixes the missing libexpat error.
> Let us know how it works.
> http://ardour.org/files/releases/ardour2-beta2.dmg

* The [-] and [+] _buttons_ work as they should, but the -
    and + _keys_ do exactly the opposite.
* It crashed when importing an 44.1/24/mono wav
    (exported with 0.99.3) by right-clicking on a track
    and choosing 'embed'. (I can present a log if needed.)
    Choosing 'add external audio'  on the region list
    and importing it to the session worked fine.
* View -> Show Editor Mixer 'forgot' to activate.
* Half an hour later it crashed when importing another
    44.1/24/mono track in the way that worked above.
    After restarting the Editor Mixer was not forgotten. Hm.
* Right-button on a region -> Popup region editor:
    There's not enough space for the field for the fades.
    (because of the text "msecs" under FADE IN and
    FADE OUT)

Other than that, Ardour2b2 works quite a bit smoother
than 0.99.3 but I have to confess that the sessions are
not as complex as the ones I'm working on with 0.99.3.
As I have absolutely no clue at all about what is
implemented and what not, please forgive my ignorance.

On a side-note: right now I'm correcting some 'creative
drumming' recorded by a friendly band, and I have to say
that Ardour2b2 saves quite some time compared to 0.99.3,
but still... is there an audio-quantizer of some sorts?
Putting these kicks at the right place is quite tedious.

Ok, back to editing.

   Iwan