[ardour-users] NRPNs

Joe Hartley jh at brainiac.com
Tue Jul 18 09:35:31 PDT 2006

On Tue, 18 Jul 2006 18:14:12 +0200
John Anderson <ardour at semiosix.com> wrote:
> I Ctrl-middle-click to bind the control (a bus fader), which works Ok.
> Or at least the "operate midi controller" dialog goes away when I move
> the hardware fader. Then when I move the hardware fader, I get this
> output (with Trace Input and Trace Output enabled)

The BCF2000 isn't really usable with Ardour out-of-the-box.  The P2 (simple
mixer) config was close but still didn't have all the functionality I
wanted.  I ended up doing some re-programming, and now have the BCF
working like a dream with Ardour.

I have the re-programmed settings here:
   http://zappa.brainiac.com/preset1.syx
You can load it into the BCF using amidi as documented here:
   http://ardour.org/manual/control_surfaces/bcf2000

If you haven't seen it, that page documents everything I did to get the
BCF running wonderfully with Ardour.

       Joe Hartley - UNIX/network Consultant - jh at brainiac.com