[ardour-users] best file system for audio

Brett McCoy idragosani at chapelperilous.net
Fri Jan 20 09:42:44 PST 2006

Mark Knecht wrote:

> Over the years I've read all the amanda stuff 5-10 times. I've never
> managed to get comfortable with it. I'ma guitar player not an IT guy.
> (Really. I mean it!)
>
> That said, it still seems cool (to me) that if something like amanda
> works so well, that some smart developer should figure out how to
> integrate talking to it as a build time option in Ardour for those of
> us that would need it. I fear that too many people do not do ANY
> backups and will lose music should a drive go down.

At the very least, having a mechanism in place to call Amanda externally
(or even tar as a sane default, it works just fine for archival backups)
from a menu, with preset options to backup the current session to
wherever the user wants.

--
Brett McCoy: Programmer by Day, Guitarist by Night
http://www.alhazred.com