[ardour-users] Distortion on Export

Steve Fosdick lists at pelvoux.nildram.co.uk
Mon Jan 16 16:36:02 PST 2006

On Mon, 16 Jan 2006 23:06:46 +0000
Steve Fosdick <lists at pelvoux.nildram.co.uk> wrote:

> I have a recording in ardour which sounds fine when played from within ardour but if I export the session to a file the audio in the exported file is noticably distorted even when played on exactly the same hardware...

To answer my own question, the problem appears to be in the OSS emulation layer.  I was using audacity to pick a particularly loud bit of the exported file to play but the problem is also there if I play an vorbis encoded copy via OSS (the default for ogg123).  If I use aplay on the exported wave file or direct ogg123 to play via ALSA instead there is no distortion.

Steve.