[ardour-users] auditioning groups of tracks at once & disk too slow

Kevin Cosgrove kevinc at doink.com
Mon Jan 16 08:48:22 PST 2006

On 16 January 2006 at 10:19, Paul Davis <paul at linuxaudiosystems.com> wrote:

> 70 tracks is definitely close to or over the limit for most generic
> modern h/w with ardour's current 32 bit float format files.

I think "close to" would be about right, on my system anyway.  If I
let ardour keep trying to play the song, then it eventually quits
throwing up those "disk too slow" messages and the song plays fine.

It looks like I'll have to be a bit more judicious about which drum
takes I keep, and do that up front in the project, rather than
keeping lots of takes and then comparing them.

What do other people do with ardour, or other systems do to allow for
multiple takes to stick around?  For me, being able to [de]activate
mix-groups of tracks, whereas now I'm [un]muting mix-groups of tracks,
would be a good solution.

Cheers....
--
Kevin