[ardour-users] grouping regions across tracks?

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Mon Jan 9 20:36:01 PST 2006

> I don't think I know how to do what you're referring to.  I have
> all 8 drum tracks in an edit group called "drums".  I have the
> rest of my tracks in an edit group called "refs".  I can get
> either group to be visible or invisible in the editor window by
> clicking on the edit group name in that window.  But, I can't
> seem to edit all tracks of the edit group using that feature.  To
> edit them all at once, e.g. trim the end, I can select all at
> once.  Other edits, like fade-out, seem to be a one track at a
> time operation.

at the moment, the capabilities of edit groups are somewhat limited.
mass editing of fades is not one of them, i'm sorry to say.

> The issue with snapshots causing forks with regards to awareness
> of recorded material, that's why I really was after scenes.  But,
> the way things are is fine too.

we have discussed restricted versions of snapshots that would be more
like what i think you are thinking of. but the inter-dependence of many
aspects of a session's state that i mentioned earlier make this just as
difficult.

as a trivial case, what happens if you add a track at some point, then
reload a scene from before the track was added. what happens to the I/O
configuration of that new track? Worse: what happens if you deleted a
bus?

--p