[ardour-users] grouping regions across tracks?

Kevin Cosgrove kevinc at doink.com
Mon Jan 9 19:40:58 PST 2006

On 9 January 2006 at 13:11, vanDongen/Gilcher <gml at xs4all.nl> wrote:

> If you recorded all the tracks in the same take, you can make
> an edit group out the drum tracks, and all splits and moves will
> work on all 8 tracks.

I don't think I know how to do what you're referring to.  I have
all 8 drum tracks in an edit group called "drums".  I have the
rest of my tracks in an edit group called "refs".  I can get
either group to be visible or invisible in the editor window by
clicking on the edit group name in that window.  But, I can't
seem to edit all tracks of the edit group using that feature.  To
edit them all at once, e.g. trim the end, I can select all at
once.  Other edits, like fade-out, seem to be a one track at a
time operation.

How can I do what you're talking about?

Yes folks, all members of the band are using the same click
track, generated by our guitar player when he recorded his stuff,
and shipped to myself and the bass player as a set of WAV files.
We're not having sync problems from anything other than less than
perfect playing.

Wolfgang, thanks for the ctrl-middlebutton-mousedrag hint.

Mark, I already have my snap grid quite coarse since it lets me
drag tracks around on the time axis since I want more pre-roll
than afforded me by prior artists in the recording.  I bought a
mouse and keyboard extension cable so that I can have them near
my drum throne, but they're not hooked up yet.

The issue with snapshots causing forks with regards to awareness
of recorded material, that's why I really was after scenes.  But,
the way things are is fine too.

Thanks for all the advice folks!  What a fine list this is....  :^)

--
Kevin