[ardour-users] ardour crash recovery

Tim Blechmann TimBlechmann at gmx.net
Mon Feb 27 01:53:09 PST 2006

> > about the crash: it happened while playing in loop mode when
> > reaching the end point of the loop ... will try to post a backtrace
> > to mantis, soon ...
>
> This bug has been fixed in 0.99.2

as i wrote, i'm using yesterday's cvs snapshot, that identifies as:
Ardour/GTK 0.99.2
   (built using 1.3.0 with libardour 0.906.1 and GCC version 3.4.5
(Gentoo 3.4.5, ssp-3.4.5-1.0, pie-8.7.9))

> Also, 0.99.2 introduces periodic safety backups which means that a
> modified but not saved session is stored every minute. "Storing" here
> doesn't mean "saving" in the sense that it would overwrite the
> previous save, the "stored" version is on disk in case ardour
> crashes. When you load the session again, ardour will ask whether you
> want to recover or not.

i realized that ... recovering didn't help either ...

> You probably lost your connections & plugins because you hadn't saved
> after making them. Right?

wrong ... i've stored them in earlier sessions (ardour's cvs snapshot
of about 6 weeks ago) ...

that's why i guess, it might be possible to recover them ...

tim

--
mailto:TimBlechmann at gmx.de    ICQ: 96771783
http://www.mokabar.tk

I had nothing to offer anybody except my own confusion
  Jack Kerouac