[ardour-users] Native file size limit

Lars Tobias Børsting lars.tobias.borsting at ntnu.no
Fri Feb 24 05:25:39 PST 2006

Hi,

Great program! I have just recorded my first long session with
Ardour. Unfortunately, the recording stopped after some time. The reason
was that it couldn't write more data to its files. Looking in the
project folder there is a folder called "sounds" which contains the
actual track recordings. They seem to be in the standard
wav-format. Both of the files ar 2.1 GB large, so I wonder if there is
some limit in this format? I use reiserfs, so I know the file size isn't
limited by the filesystem. I read somewhere that wav-files have a size
limit of 2.1 GB on 32-bit systems, however I exported my two mono 2.1 GB
tracks into a single stereo file of approx. 3 GBs.

What might be the cause of this file size limit? Ardour version is
0.99.1.

--
Regards,

Lars Tobias