[ardour-users] A simpler Xrun question

Paul Winkler pw_lists at slinkp.com
Wed Feb 8 23:40:16 PST 2006

On Thu, Feb 09, 2006 at 12:13:17AM -0700, James Rich wrote:
> I think I'm getting this same behaviour and it ends up messing up ardour
> as well.  If I record enable 9 tracks and then record for some 4 minutes
> or so, when I press stop ardour's transport stops responding and usually
> qjackctl reports that an xrun has occurred.  I can't find any clicks or
> pops in the recorded material.  The only thing I can do is quit ardour and
> restart it.

I get that, or something similar.  Very frequently when I hit stop
at the end of the take, I get the "ardour has been disconnected
from jack because it wasn't fast enough" message.
(I forget the exact wording.)

Restart and all is OK.

The good news: I have *never* had audible glitches in any of my takes.

--

Paul Winkler
http://www.slinkp.com