[ardour-users] A simpler Xrun question

James Rich james at chowhouse.com
Wed Feb 8 23:13:17 PST 2006

On Wed, 8 Feb 2006, Mark Knecht wrote:

>> Thanks Mark. I am only seeing them appear in JACK's message window when
>> I stop recording - I can record for several minutes without an Xrun,
>> but as soon as I stop I get one. Is that an indication of any
>> particular problem?
>
> Frankly, if I had to bet I'd say it's #1. I've not heard of anyone
> else talking about this sort of problem. It sounds specific to your
> machine.

I think I'm getting this same behaviour and it ends up messing up ardour
as well.  If I record enable 9 tracks and then record for some 4 minutes
or so, when I press stop ardour's transport stops responding and usually
qjackctl reports that an xrun has occurred.  I can't find any clicks or
pops in the recorded material.  The only thing I can do is quit ardour and
restart it.

James Rich

I am not merely a "consumer" or a "taxpayer".  I am a Citizen of
the United States of America.