[ardour-users] Xjadeo

Brad McIlvaine bmcilvaine at henninger.com
Wed Feb 8 11:38:41 PST 2006

If you want to have a simple QT playback utility, get an old OS9
system (Mac) and use ProTools free and a midi device between the
rigs... Load the QT Video into ProTools free, lock to the incoming
MTC, Spot the video on the timeline you want the first frame to start
(may require some goofing to get correct, but once it's there, it's
there) and then let it rip.... I'm sure there are other methods as
well using other software... the Xjadeo thing looks a lot easier,
though.

And the idea of a destructive editor integrated in a similar fashion
to Bias' Peak and Deck sounds interesting, where exporting a selected
segment of a mono or stereo (or heck, why not 5.1 or 7.1 or 10.2?)
track opens a destuctive editor is interesting, though I would prefer
the process stay non-destructive the whole way through.  Having an
advanced editing winow feels redundant to me.  Why not just aim to do
this type of editing on the Ardour track?  Opening an editor to work
with an editor seems a little clunky.

IMHO.

BTW, and in this area of thought, I've opened and run .99-1 and 2.0
and they are beautiful!  I love the contextual menus... very nuendo-
esque if I dare say.  In my very limited interaction with the app,
however, I haven't found a way to "scrub" audio to determine edit
points, and I've not found reference in the manual.  Am I missing
something, or is this not yet implemented?

Thanks for bearing the question of a newbie!