[ardour-users] Xjadeo

Brett McCoy idragosani at chapelperilous.net
Wed Feb 8 09:47:11 PST 2006

Chris Cannam wrote:

>>Yeah, I'm new to Gentoo so am still learning how flexible the build
>>process is... Rosegarden is completely useless unless you disable arts
>>also (it crashes, no sequencer, etc).
>

> When you say "disable arts", do you mean while running Rosegarden, or do you
> mean you have to disable aRts support in the Rosegarden build?
>
> I hope you mean the former.  It's rather alarming to think that a distro might
> actually try to make its users use the aRts output code in Rosegarden.  It's
> been totally broken for ages and we have no plans to fix it.

I'm not sure yet... but from my research on some Gentoo lists it looks
like that unless you tell the build to not use arts, Rosegarden is very
unstable (I am using the distro ebuild, BTW). I tried to disable arts
while running Rosegarden but it crashed the application. argh.

--
Brett McCoy: Programmer by Day, Guitarist by Night
http://www.alhazred.com