[ardour-users] Xjadeo

Chris Cannam cannam at all-day-breakfast.com
Wed Feb 8 09:43:06 PST 2006

On Wednesday 08 Feb 2006 17:37, Brett McCoy wrote:
> Yeah, I'm new to Gentoo so am still learning how flexible the build
> process is... Rosegarden is completely useless unless you disable arts
> also (it crashes, no sequencer, etc).

When you say "disable arts", do you mean while running Rosegarden, or do you
mean you have to disable aRts support in the Rosegarden build?

I hope you mean the former.  It's rather alarming to think that a distro might
actually try to make its users use the aRts output code in Rosegarden.  It's
been totally broken for ages and we have no plans to fix it.

Chris