[ardour-users] Ardour crashs when trying to export, XML?

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Mon Feb 6 03:54:28 PST 2006

On Mon, 2006-02-06 at 09:04 +0100, Julian Hagenauer wrote:
> Hi,
> i am trying to get a long with ardour, and i think it is really a nice
> pice of software, that i am planning to use in future, but i have a huge
> problem, what makes using ardour senseless for me:
> I run Debian Sarge, Jack 0.99, Ardour 0.9beta28 ( the debian-binary ).
> I create a new session, create a new stereotrack, record some bars. If i
> try to export this simple session ( leaving eveything default, only
> adding a filename to the path ), ardour crashs (Segfault) every time,
> even if i try to export a empty session. Changes to the default export
> settings do not change this behaviour, unfortunatly.
> The commandline show this messages:
> error : xmlEncodeEntitiesReentrant : char out of range
> error : xmlEncodeEntitiesReentrant : char out of range
> Segfault

chances are that you are using some character in the name of a track or
region that is confusing poor libxml. we have attempted to tell libxml
to expect UTF8 encoded text which should cover most languages that the
program is likely to encounter. apparently this attempt is not
catching every case, or you have some pathological case that the libxml
UTF8 handling code cannot deal with.

for export, i would expect the only real variable would be the name of
the file. what name were you using?

--p