[ardour-users] A decent sound card for Ardour

plutek plutek at infinity.net
Mon Dec 18 07:13:47 PST 2006

On 12/18/2006 09:56:25 AM, John Emmas wrote:
> Thanks guys - just out of interest, do any of you ever need to lock to
> SMPTE
> timecode (as opposed to MIDI timecode) ?
>
> If so, what would you use to read the SMPTE timecode?

hi john!

i've just posted this question over on the LAU list, and don't yet have
an answer. as far as i know, there is no existing software under linux
to read/write/sync analog SMPTE timecode. it does make it hard to work
with film/video folks, who don't use MTC.

please let me know if you discover anything.

.pltk.