[ardour-users] A decent sound card for Ardour

John Emmas johne53 at tiscali.co.uk
Sat Dec 30 05:43:30 PST 2006

> >On 12/18/2006 09:56:25 AM, John Emmas wrote:
> > Thanks guys - just out of interest, do any of you ever need to
> > lock to SMPTE timecode (as opposed to MIDI timecode) ?
> > If so, what would you use to read the SMPTE timecode?
>
> hi john!
>
> i've just posted this question over on the LAU list, and don't yet have
> an answer. as far as i know, there is no existing software under linux
> to read/write/sync analog SMPTE timecode. it does make it hard to
> work with film/video folks, who don't use MTC.
>
> please let me know if you discover anything.
>

>.pltk.

Hi Plutek....

What's the situation like with Ardour and VST plugins?  Do they generally
work under Ardour (Linux) or do some work and some not work?

The reason I'm asking is that I was told this morning that somebody makes a
VST plug-in which can read and generate SMPTE timecode.  Timecode is
read from a 9-pin serial port but it can output timecode both via a serial
port and also using an analog audio output (so, presumably only VITC is
supported for input whereas VITC and LTC are both supported for output).

I don't know what the plugin's called but I could find out if anyone's
interested.

John