[ardour-users] Sends on Mono tracks

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Sun Sep 25 09:21:33 PDT 2005

On 9/24/05, Mark Knecht <markknecht at gmail.com> wrote:

> One idea: Possibly send mono tracks to a mono bus and stereo tracks to
> a stereo bus that holds the reverb. Create two outputs on that
> intermediate mono bus and then send it on to the stereo bus that holds
> the reverb.
>
> This would not allow you to pan mono tracks to different locations but
> would likely, from your description, not effect the mono track's
> panning.

I see that Jesse has verified the buglet's existence. thanks Jesse.

One other thought I had last evening was that in the case of you
needing to to have pretty distinct panning of different mono tracks
you could do one of two following ideas:

1) Create 3 mono input/stereo output buses. Pan these buses left,
right and center. Route your mono track to the one you want, or route
it to two of them and set send levels to get the appropriate spacial
characteristics.

2) Certainly you could preprocess the mono audio data into stereo,
when use a stereo track which doesn't have this problem.

I think there are ways to get a good mix using data recorded as mono,
but clearly it would be nice to fix this one of these days and make it
simple.

Cheers,
Mark