[ardour-users] Sends on Mono tracks

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Sat Sep 24 18:04:09 PDT 2005

On 9/24/05, Mark Knecht <markknecht at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> On 9/24/05, Mike Fisher <mrfisher_1 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> >
> > I know that was a long explanation of something simple.  Sorry.  I thought
> > about trying to use a post fader send instead to see what happens, but
> > unfortunately I'm at work right now until midnight and won't be able to try
> > until then.  Any ideas on this one?
>
> No, I think you gave a good description. If no one else has responded
> by tomorrow I'll get busy and look at it.
>
> - Mark

One idea: Possibly send mono tracks to a mono bus and stereo tracks to
a stereo bus that holds the reverb. Create two outputs on that
intermediate mono bus and then send it on to the stereo bus that holds
the reverb.

This would not allow you to pan mono tracks to different locations but
would likely, from your description, not effect the mono track's
panning.

My thought is that unless you want the reverb location to be very
obvious it's not hugely important to pan the track and the reverb to
the same location.

And, as you say, you could try post fader...

Good luck,
Mark