[ardour-users] annoying bugs

nicholas manojlovic nmanojlovic at aztec.aunz.com
Sat Sep 10 08:19:58 PDT 2005

half way through a session and picked up some pretty annoying bugs I
thought Id report on.

had about 5 tracks of harmony vocals. to simplify my mixing operations I
stupidly renamed them all 'vox'. stopped thinking about them for awhile
until I saved the snapshot and came back to it with 'cannot connect Vox1
to MasterIn1'. not really understanding the ambiguous log report I
solidiered on, eventually figuring out why my mix sounded so bad.. every
track called 'vox' had decided to play the same wave file. had a
snapshot with the different vocal tracks but lost a lot of work.. oh
well, steep learning curve.. always label tracks, even when similar,
with different names!

the only other major problem was following a seg-fault every track
automatically wiped its 'output' settings. so it would appear to play
(the peaks would jump up and down) but no sound would come out.
eventually had to reconnec them all to masterin1, masterin2 and
reconnect master outputs to alsa via qjackctl.

using a cvs snapshot from a few days ago, with all other components
Fedora 4 CCRMA. was hoping Id get fixed mouse problems (buttons dont
focus with mouse over them etc..) but I guess thats more about waiting
for GTK2?

I had a fairly productive session last week, so this was just a glitch.

cheers
Niko

(in case you're wondering why this isnt in mantis, its because I dont
believe I have the technical ability to accurately describe what went
wrong - both from a computer nerd point of view and a pro-audio/DAW
point of view. hopefully someone else out there will better be able to
clarify my problems for a bug report)