[ardour-users] Re: annoying bugs

Arnold Krille arnold.krille at gmail.com
Sat Sep 10 08:52:41 PDT 2005

On 9/10/05, nicholas manojlovic <nmanojlovic at aztec.aunz.com> wrote:
> (in case you're wondering why this isnt in mantis, its because I dont
> believe I have the technical ability to accurately describe what went
> wrong - both from a computer nerd point of view and a pro-audio/DAW
> point of view. hopefully someone else out there will better be able to
> clarify my problems for a bug report)

So mantis is exactly the place where you should report the problems!
If the technical details aren't clear enough someone will ask back, if
one of the developers decide that it is invalid, they will mark your
report so.
But report bugs at the appropriate place ie. mantis. Unless your
technical knowledge is high enough that you can fix the problems
yourself. But even then I believe Paul will be happy if you did send
the patch via mantis so it doesn't get lost.

And an entry in mantis shows others with the same problems that they
are not alone and that there might be a solution there already.

Don't think of bugtrackers only as tools for developers but as tools
for delevoper-user-interaction and as knowledge-database!

Get your mantis account today and pester the devels with your
problems. They will thank you for it!

Arnold

--
visit http://dillenburg.dyndns.org/~arnold/