[ardour-users] Ardour needs a forum

Cathbard maillist at roomity.com
Thu Sep 8 23:10:44 PDT 2005

My post seems to have stirred up quite a hornets nest.
Personally I can see no advantage in mailing lists over forums but many advantages in the reverse.
Mail lists are great when they are small and cover only a few topics. They are the perfect tool for developers. Once something has come of age like Ardour (specially with so many diverse topics) a forum is the way to go.
I have found a better sense of community on forums because people are more likely to make a post. The distro forums that I use generate a lot of community spirit. I can't see how the "loss of commuity" argument is valid.
As was mentioned earlier, some people get 300 posts from other mailing lists already. My mail box is full enough I don't need more stuff to wade through. I do not use pop mail and will not store emails on my hdd as a matter of policy. Why use my own hardware when there is a perfectly good website to use?
Forums are just simpler and more organised. It's the modern way to do things, doesn't Ardour deserve the best?

(PS: I am making this post using roomity.com in an attempt to eliminate the traffic on my email. It's my first attempt using it for this. *crosses fingers*)

Broadband interface (RIA) + mail box saftey = <a href="http://Ardour_Users_List.roomity.com">Roomity.com</a>
*Your* clubs, no sign up to read, ad supported; try broadband internet. ~~1126246244008~~