[ardour-users] ardour doesn't like my controller

moron moron at industrial.org
Fri Oct 28 22:04:16 PDT 2005

On Friday 28 October 2005 21:26, moron wrote:
> Howdy.  As mentioned previously I am having difficulty getting Ardour to
> recognize my Korg microControl.

Hmmm.  Totally weird thing happened.  I enabled the Qjackctl option for a
taskbar icon and then at one point right clicked on it and chose "reset" (the
red circle).   All of a sudden Ardour started responding to MIDI.  I don't
know if it will last or what but I was able to adjust levels with my
controller.

Now stability was pretty horrible (lots of Ardour crashes) but that may be due
to my latency settings and the fact I had both an email program and web
browser open during the process.

But at least there is now hope!

Still, the microKontrol works nearly perfect for controlling my sampler but I
am not convinced as far as Ardour goes (cue extreme GAS for that little
Behringer).

=)

One related note, the transport controls worked at first but then stopped
responding although the standard controllers worked fine.  I don't have my
MIDI manual handy so I forget whether transport controllers are channel or
program messages but I was curious if that suggests anything to the powers
that be (i.e. Ardour programmers) with respect to what might be causing my
MIDI weirdness?

Anyway, enough for tonight. tomorrow I work on stability and doing some
recording.

=)

Cheers

--
---> (culture) http://industrial.org : (label)  http://deterrent.net
---> (community) http://ampfea.org : (hire me) http://codegrunt.com
---> (send EEEI news to) infosuck at industrial.org
---> Whomever dies with the most URLs wins!!!!!!!!!!!!!