[ardour-users] Which filesystem to use?

Paul Winkler pw_lists at slinkp.com
Wed Oct 26 10:27:56 PDT 2005

On 10/26/05, Studio Zodiak <studiozodiak at yahoo.ca> wrote:
> I also have had very satisfying results with the
> deltas.
> Hammerfalls have a much bigger world to offer thaugh.

Sure - more channels, more converter options.
And correspondingly more expensive.  If you actually need
more than 8 channels, there aren't too many other options
(unless you can figure out how to correctly link a pair of
delta 1010).

> As for the filesystem, I run ReiserFs and XFS.
> ReiserFs claims to be the fastest. It is a young
> filesystem also  I believe.

Reiserfs was actually the first journalling filesystem
available for linux.  Reiserfs 3 is rock-solid.
You're probably thinking of reiser 4 which is not as
widely deployed yet, and has a web page chock-full of provocative
and mystifying ideas ;-)

--
http://www.slinkp.com