[ardour-users] bugs / feature requests

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Wed Oct 26 07:26:15 PDT 2005

On 10/26/05, Peter Lutek <plutek at infinity.net> wrote:
> Paul Symons wrote:
>
> >A nice wishlist feature could be the ability to mark plugins as
> >"favourites". of the hundreds of LADSPA plugins i have, i typically use
> >about 5-10 of them on a regular basis, e.g. my favourite compressor, eq,
> >reverb, delay, lo-fi, etc.
> >
> >It would be great to mark these plugins as "favourites" and then be able
> >to add them straight to the pre or post mixer strips from some sort of
> >"favourites" context menu, saving the requirement to open the plugin
> >manager.
> >

> i'm not sure that a "favourites" context menu would be all that much
> more efficient than just going to the plugin manager. as paul davis
> suggested earlier in this thread, why not just set up a template
> session, with your favourite plugins already patched. have them all
> bypassed in the template, then you can just enable them with a single
> click as needed.
>
> -p

Better in my option would be a 'recent' plugins menu item that saves
the last 5-10 plugins I've used. I don't like any plugin in a session
that isn't being used for CPU cycles reasons and just the basic
principle.

I really disagree withthe original post that something should be in
Ardour just because it it's been seen in a hardware mixer:

1) Everything on the screen takes up real estate

2) Everything in the session uses memory and CPU cycles

3) I do not use EQ on 95% of my tracks.

Just my 2 cents,
Mark