[ardour-users] bugs / feature requests

moron moron at industrial.org
Tue Oct 25 21:05:01 PDT 2005

Howdy.  I have one bug (or at least unwanted behaviour) and a general feature
request.

First the bug. . .

When creating a new session, the file browser takes a single click to accept a
selection (i.e. click once on a directory to open it).  When opening an
existing session however, the file browser takes 2 clicks to acknowledge a
selection.  This leads to the situation where you need to click 3 times on
everything - once in case that is enough and then twice if it did not take.
All file menus should stick to one or the other as far as click behaviour.

Now the feature request. . .

Probably a standing one but while the current plugin architecture is flexible,
for mixing down is not ideal (or at least not intuitive), at least without
spending a lot of time setting it up.

Specifically what I think should happen is that whatever is considered by the
authors (and/or community) to be the best lapsda EQ and dynamics plugins
should be setup with custom control widgets and assigned to each channel
strip automatically (i.e. standard EQ pots for example).  There could be an
"on off" button to save on system resources but the connections should happen
automagically.

In the current setup creating a typical mixing setup is both time consuming
and not suited to realtime tweaking - you would for example (unless I am
missing something) have to find a lapsda plugin for EQ and another for
dynamics, assign it to a track and then open a new window to tweak the
controls (multiplied by the number of tracks).

Alternatively, you need to setup an extra bus, add a send for each track and
then set up the plugin which still leaves you with an extra floating window
times the number of distinct instances you need for what I would think would
be very common needs.

Am I correct that there is no built in EQ or dynamics options for the channel
strip with Ardour?

Cheers

--
---> (culture) http://industrial.org : (label)  http://deterrent.net
---> (community) http://ampfea.org : (hire me) http://codegrunt.com
---> (send EEEI news to) infosuck at industrial.org
---> Whomever dies with the most URLs wins!!!!!!!!!!!!!